This listing is for one large wooden heart shaped pendant necklace with matching heart shaped earrings.
They are made from the salvaged barn wood from my great-uncle’s grain bin. The farm has been in my family since the late 1800’s and the barn has been there as far back as my father can remember. After 70 plus years of use and harsh weather, the barn can no longer be patched up and must be torn down. What better way to re-purpose it than making it into beautiful, handcrafted jewelry?
• Each piece is hand cut from solid wood and finished by me
• The original patina from the paint on the side of the barn is preserved as much as possible, the wood is sanded to a smooth finish to prevent flaking or splintering
• Lasers are not used at all, it's just me and my trusty band saw
• This heart shaped necklace and earrings set is the perfect Mother's Day gift, 5 year anniversary gift, or a treat for yourself!
• Each piece is very light weight; you can comfortably wear them all day
• These photos are a representation of what one set looks like
• Every piece will differ due to variations in the wood
• Please note every screen is different so colors may vary
Materials and Measurements:
• The chain is lead-free, oxidized brass that will continue to patina with time and wear
• The chain measures approximately 30 inches, is adjustable and reversible
• The necklace pendant is sealed with lacquer and measures approximately 2 1/2 inches high (including hardware), 2 inches wide and 1/4 of an inch thick
• The ear wires are antique gold-plated brass
• The earrings are sealed with lacquer and the dangles measure approximately 1/4 inches long, 1 inch wide and 1/4 of an inch thick
• The necklace and earrings are not suitable for children
• Do not submerge any part of the jewelry in water
• To clean, use a soft, dry cloth – because wood does not like water!
• The chain and earring wires may be cleaned with a slightly damp cloth
• Cover the wood pieces with a dry towel while cleaning
• Store the necklace and earrings in a dry place when you’re not wearing them
Have questions, contact me here:
Find Fairview & Co Design: